Sunday, April 19, 2015

7 Month Update!


I can't believe it's finally my 3rd trimester.  It feels like just yesterday I was sneaking around and having fake cocktails so that I could keep my little miracle a secret until it was safe!  But here we are at 28 weeks and we just have 3 months left to go until baby America makes her debut!  Here is a little update of how we're feeling these days:


Size of baby: the size of an eggplant

How is Mommy doing?  (I have a few contributions for how mommy is doing)

The Good!  I successfully navigated the moving process like a champ.  Outside of the extra lbs and the enormous belly, you wouldn't have even known I was pregnant.  I was packing & unpacking, making trips inside and out, upstairs and down, painting rooms, doing laundry - you name it!  My days started at 7:30a and didn't end until close to 9p, when I felt like I was slightly starting to lose just a tiny bit of steam.  I wasn't plagued by any baby pain or fatigue at any point while I finished up the 2nd trimester. 

The Bad. At the end of these crazy days, it was evident that my feet totally started to swell.  Which I'm sure is a function of the pregnancy, but also probably the 15,000 steps I was doing as part of the move!  I've also started the "silly crying" episodes.  I think my husband would argue with this point, but I've been relatively stable with my emotions, until now.  And now I cry.  In fact, I had my first "silly cry" when we were in Bermuda.  I was so emotional about the fact that I couldn't partake in the Rum Swizzle party that Mike was having and I felt terrible that he had to finish a pitcher all alone.  It was the saddest.  I wasn't crying because I couldn't partake, I was crying because I felt like Mike was being festive alone....and the tears just wouldn't stop.  Big ol' pea sized tears that just kept coming, all throughout our lunch! 

The Ugly....OMG, the baby brain! I've somehow managed to turn into a complete fumbling, mumbling crazy lady.  To the point where I actually don't even know the words that are coming out of my mouth - I'm incapable of forming a thoughtful sentence!  I can't form complete thoughts, I forget what I was going to say, I look at people and it's like I black out.  I can see that they are speaking to me, but I can't process their words quick enough. Luckily everyone in my life has been completely understanding and almost amused by these fumbles - but I feel like I'm losing control of my brain!

How's baby doing?  Remember when I was around 20 weeks and I was concerned that I hadn't felt the baby kick yet?  Well she moves...and she moves all day every day.  Anything could trigger it.  She loves when I eat, she loves when I'm in a big presentation, she loves when I'm relaxing, she loves when I'm sitting, she loves spicy food, she loves ice cream, she loves when we play her Van Halen, and she loves when we read her Dr. Seuss books.  We can SEE the bumps and kicks now too!  And she's still a big girl so far!  At our 26 week appointment, she was still measuring about a week ahead of her weight.  So if she takes after her momma, we might have a butterball on our hands folks!

What I'm craving:  Strawberries dipped in Nutella.  De-lish!  And ice cream.  I end every evening of my life with a little bowl (yes, little, I'm cognizant of over-eating!) of vanilla bean ice cream with a few Reeces Pieces for toppings.  

What I'm missing:  It's starting to turn to spring, which means that I finally get to go without tights!  A moment I've been waiting for pretty much since I found out I was pregnant.  And New York City goes absolutely nuts when the weather is nice and warm - one of my favorite things about the East Coast.  But I'm going to miss my spring clothes this year.  And I'm going to miss the ease of the simple act of shaving my legs :-/.  But at least I can finally shed some of these layers and free my poor swollen feet from the constraints of BOOTS!  I might not be able to squish these feet into some of my favorite pumps, but I'll be damned if I don't try!  

What I'm fearful of: I really just want to know HOW I'm going to be having this baby.  I want to know if I should be prepared for an invasive surgery or if I can plan on this little baby girl to let me know when she's ready to come meet the world who loves her.  I'm scared of the unknown, and I wish I had a crystal ball to show me what my birth story will be like.  Once our doctor's appointments move to every 2 weeks, I'll hopefully find out more every appointment, but for now, it's scaring me not knowing what's going to happen.  I'm not scared of birth itself (but Mike and I haven't been to birthing class yet, so that will soon be terrifying to both of us), just scared that I don't have control of how my child will be born.

What I'm looking forward to: SUMMER!  Oh my goodness, I'm so looking forward to a delicious summer wardrobe for my little princess, and taking her for walks in the sunshine & letting her fall asleep in the shade.  My maternity leave will essentially be over the entire summer, and I can't wait to soak it all up with my little bug.  Plus, come on....how cute are tiny summer baby outfits? 
Now that we're into the 3rd trimester, the weeks seem to be flying by quickly, and we're just waiting for our tiny one to bake just a bit longer before coming out to show the world her precious face.  We're having so much fun decorating her nursery and now that we actually have a car seat, it's setting in that these super qualified doctors are going to let us crazies actually leave the hospital with a baby!  I've heard that the last trimester will get more uncomfortable for me, which I'm sure I'll be reflecting on during my 8 month post!  But for now....12 more weeks until America time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment