Monday, March 9, 2015

Welcome to the 31 Club!


Here we are folks - last birthday as a DINK (dual-income-no-kids) woman.  And first birthday after the big 3-0.  No celebrating over a cocktail, 31 is such a random number, the weather is bleak and dreary, and this kind of popped up in the midst of many other maybe "more important" things happening (i.e. just buying a house & having a baby, NBD).   So it feels like it should be a bit un-eventful, right???

WRONG!  Thank you to the most amazing people a girl could ever know, it was just as great of a year for me as any other one.  I woke up to a barrage of texts & messages on Facebook, missed calls from all over the country, a grandiose decorating effort from my team at work, and some extremely thoughtful gifts from the people I love the most.  I never thought I'd be so excited to get a diaper bag - but thanks to my fantastic husband, I'll be pushing my stroller around with my chic new Minkhoff come July when baby America makes her debut!

I have to take a minute to call out my husband for his valiant efforts at planning and maintaining a perfectly New York-y evening, despite the weather being completely uncooperative (we received close to 6 inches of snow in the city through out the day on my birthday), and despite the fact that he was battling a horrendous cold (another perk of the draining winter we've been battling out East).  Even though the wind was biting at our faces, and even though we were conflicted with wearing proper foot wear but also looking snazzy for a fancy dinner and a show, and even though there were no cabs or Uber vehicles in sight, we salvaged an absolutely perfect evening.  The plans for the night included dinner at the New York famous 21 Club & tickets to see Cabaret during it's final few weeks on Broadway.  AND with one of my favorites headlining for the evening - Sienna Miller!  For those of you who haven't seen it - Allen Cumming is a GOD.  If you can make it to the show in the next 3 weeks before it leaves Broadway forever, I HIGHLY recommend it.  PLUS, we got to check one thing off our short-list of things to do before we move to Westchester!

If that wasn't enough - I got a little added bonus of some family time with my favorites in Connecticut.  Gram's homemade lasagna, some pink velvet cupcakes (because why not?), and much needed family time was the ideal ending to my birthday celebrations.  31 might not be the sexiest of all birthday numbers, but I'm SO excited for the year that is ahead of me.  Thank you so much to my husband, my family, my friends and my co-workers for treating me like a queen.  Y'all really know how to make this momma-to-be feel special! I'm officially in my "early-30s!".

No comments:

Post a Comment