Monday, March 23, 2015

6 months down!!!

About a month ago, I shared a 5 month/halfway update with you all, so I thought it would be nice to let you all in on another update - this time at 6 months!  Last week marked 24 weeks for Mini Mobs in what was quite possibly the quickest 4 weeks ever.  Here is a little bit of a recap for how we're doing & a few more updated pics of the baby bump!

Size of baby:  the size of an ear of corn!

How is mommy doing:  Still feeling great!  I'm keeping up the 10K steps per day and walking on the treadmill on the incline as much as I can.  I can almost feel some of those 3rd trimester symptoms start to creep up....very faintly.  My feet are starting to swell ever so slightly if I'm up all day.  And I'm feeling rather....large these days.  And the belly button has officially popped!  But my skin feels fantastic, I still have tons of energy, and I'm sleeping through the night, so I really have nothing to complain about.  

A little birthday bumpie!
How is baby doing?  We went to the doctor a few weeks ago to have our last anatomy scan on baby girl, and got some fantastic news.  Not only is she progressing beautifully and wiggling, and spinning around like a perfect little creature, we found out that she was measuring completely normal for all of her tiny little features.  All of them with the exception of two....well four....things.  Baby girl's arms and legs are already in the 97th percentile!  Looks like she's already taking after her momma!  She's measuring a teeny bit big - about a week ahead of schedule, but I have to admit I was expecting that.  I myself was close to being a 10 lb baby!

What I'm craving: I'm getting to the point where I really can't eat enough.  I've been craving fruit.  All kinds of fruit - but mostly berries.  And here's the weird one....LOBSTER!  I'm glad there are a lot of Omega-3s in lobster because I try to eat whenever I can - and baby girl just goes nuts in my belly every time I have lobster.  She already has quite festive taste.  I think she's getting ready for her first Cape Christmas.

What I'm missing:  Does it make me a terrible person to admit that I really miss being able to have a delicious old fashioned after a long, hard, day at work?  Or a margarita with my taco tray from El Parador?  Or even a fancy single malt to warm me up during this never-ending winter?  OR, is it bad that I have been holding on to a VERY lovely bottle of Dom to pop open whenever we closed on our first house - that will sadly continue to chill through our impending closing date?  I have to admit, I do miss having more than a little soda water, or some ginger ale to toast, but I know that I'll be able to enjoy a glass of Pinot Grigio poolside in no time!

What I'm fearful of:  Starting to get worried about being prepared for my little miss to arrive.  Now that I'm more than halfway through the 2nd trimester, I've kept thinking that "we have so much time.".  Now that time is dwindling down - just 16 weeks and we have to start from scratch.  We don't have any of the furniture, we don't have any of the gear, and we haven't the slightest idea of what to do or how to even bring a baby home.  We are going to be taking our birthing class in May, and I'm sure that once we get into the house, everything will come together - but I'm worrying about having everything absolutely perfect for when she arrives in July. For a person who isn't normally prone to procrastinate, this is a really bad time to put things like this off until "next month"!

What I'm looking forward to: My next doctor's appointment!  I know that we don't get to have anymore sonograms or ultrasounds, but at least we get to hear her heartbeat every few weeks.  And by the time I write my next monthly check in - I'll be in my 3rd trimester.  I'm looking forward to finally being able to say I'm in my final trimester!

I'm going to continue to enjoy these little bumps and kicks as they happen more frequently, and I'm enjoying my full night's rest for as long as I can get it.  I'm loving every second of feeling this little lady growing inside of my belly. I know that she's still tiny and that I can't exactly tell what's a head and what's a foot in there - but I can FEEL that she's bigger. We just love you baby America!  SO MUCH!

No comments:

Post a Comment