Monday, April 14, 2014

Five Things: Spring

Even though is snowed last week...yes...in APRIL, spring is officially in full swing - and I've never felt more appreciative for this particular changing of the seasons.  So to officially kick off the 2014 spring season, I wanted to five things that have made me happy these past few days.

1.  THIS little guy!  Even though little Cash may not be the first baby born among my friends, he is the one we live closet to.  And because babies are so sweet and they smell like rainbows and sunshine and all things happy, it's hard not to smile when we get to play with our tiniest friend. 

Celebratory pineapple tequila shots
for our 4 years!
2.  Four years at Mindshare! I know I shared a post a few weeks ago celebrating our 4 year "New York-versary", but that also brings 4 for year "work-a-versary".  When I started at Mindshare in 2010, I joined the team on the same day as 2 other lovely ladies.  Someone in the office mentioned to me that I have been at my current agency as long as I was in college, which absolutely blew my mind.  It hasn't been easy, and in this industry, staying in one place this long is extremely rare.  We celebrated by taking an afternoon off work to have a 3 hours lunch - something I don't think I've done since moving to New York.  I couldn't even dream of being in better company to celebrate 4 years at Mindshare!  

3.  A little BBQ action - We are reaching a point in our adult lives where apartment living is starting to be inconvenient and not ideal for growing families.  Which means that we have more friends who are making bigger moves out to the suburbs or Brooklyn for much coveted space.  That means that they may be an extra few minutes away in a cab, or there may be bridges between us now, but that also means that they have YARDS!  And I can't think of a better way to kick off spring than with some brews and BBQ.

 4.I got a little excited during the first nice day this year and commemorated the season with hot pink toes.  My feet were finally so happy that I didn't have to hide them behind thick tights, socks and boots.  And after a winter of icy feet and wellies, my little tootsies deserved to feel pretty too! 

5.  My in-laws were in town recently for my mother-in-laws birthday.  We haven't seen them since Christmas, so we did something very special for her birthday - we had dinner at the River Cafe in Brooklyn which boasts one of the most extraordinary views of Manhattan.  Over the course of our 3 hour dinner, we watched the sun go down and paint the sky in all different colors - like the most beautiful dyed Easter Egg - very fitting!  It's a view I'll never get tired of enjoying.
So I hope these first days of spring are treating you well and that you all have many reasons to smile!  Happy Spring to our friends and family!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment