Monday, March 24, 2014

A Texas Toast to Garrett & Jenny



Being engaged is an extremely exciting and special time in any couple lives. Mike and I were engaged for just short of 15 months, which felt like an eternity when we were planning for our Big Day.  In hindsight it goes by so fast, and there is never enough time to enjoy being just the two of you.  It's been over a year since Garrett & Jenny got engaged and with just a few weeks left before they both say " I Do" we wanted to take a little time to toast the happy couple and have a special engagement to celebrate them.

Mike & I flew to Dallas to have an intimate little cocktail party at my parent's home in Irving.  Not only were we happy to toast Jenny & Garrett, but this was the first time my parents had really hosted a little shindig at the new house since moving in last March.  So there were quite a few things to celebrate.  My mom did a fantastic job of coordinating a caterer and setting a menu so by the time Mike & I got to Dallas, we just had to help out with the decorations and picking up the "refreshments" (which is our expertise, obviously!).

My handsome dude
The company, the food, the drinks and the couple were perfect.  Mike and I were happy to be able to meet some of Jenny & Garrett's friends in the Dallas area and to also see some old faces that I have seen grow up with my brother all the way back to middle school! Similarly, my parents have a fantastic group of friends in the neighborhood that we always love to spend time with while we are in town.

It's hard to be away from your sibling when he is planning for the most exciting day in his life.  Weddings can be stressful, there can be some drama, your bank account is constantly being depleted, it always seems like the planning never ends and there are always more details to consider.  But there is NOTHING like the joy of upcoming nuptials to bring family and friends together to celebrate.  Mike & are are so looking forward to the big day, and it'll be here before we even know it!  Congratulations to Garrett & Jenny, and here is to a few more weeks of being able to call each other "fiance(e)"!
Just a few more weeks until we are a family of SIX!


No comments:

Post a Comment