Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A Springtime Visit from the Mobleys!

 With the exception of what seemed like a month full of metal....we've had a relatively quiet and uneventful Q1 allowing Mike TONS of time to travel for work!  Now, I'm not saying that I'm ungrateful for have some quiet time, because once April starts, the Mobley's are going to be hitting the ground running for pretty much the rest of 2012.  There are bachelorette parties, showers, weddings, anniversaries, reunions, vacations, and recitals, oh my!  I'm not the least bit overwhelmed thinking about it, in fact I look forward to it all.

It's been a while since we had people come visit us in New York (outside of the monthly visit from my mom to keep me company while Mike travels....LOVE YOU MOM!!!!).  So it goes without saying that it was absolutely wonderful to have my in-laws in town for the weekend.  Mike's dad had some business here in the city and they were able to fit in some time with us on a beautiful spring weekend in New York. 

Minetta Tavern - Home of the Black Label Burger!
We took them to Minetta Tavern for my first experience with one of their world famous Black Label burgers!  It was absolutely delicious and I devoured every tiny morsel.  There are a few burgers in New York City that I'd put above this one, but it was definitely in my top 5 burgers I've ever had!

New York is definitely not in the full swing of springtime yet, but it was some of the best weather NY has seen in a while, regardless of the mild winter we had this year.  And boy did we enjoy it!  Mike drank his coffee & read the newspaper outside, while Winston engaged in his favorite past time...sunbathing.  It's the silliest thing this little pup does and every time there is just a sliver of sun on the patio, he's out there getting his tan on!

Our visit with Mr. & Mrs. Mobley continued with some lovely downtime at our apartment.  Mike and his mom sipped delicious martini's while I enjoyed a nice scotch with my father-in-law.  We may not have had the fanciest appetizer spread, but let me tell you, our bar is fully stocked 24/7.  And our night continued to one of our favorite neighborhood spots, Almond.  Dinner may have been a little late as were were all a few cocktails deep by the time we got there, but Almond always promises a great time and great food (we went there the next morning for brunch as well...WHOOPS!). 

We finished up the weekend with none other than a good ol' fashioned Sunday dinner!  Mike and I haven't shared a Sunday Dinner with anyone other than each other in ages.  I've been trying new Pinterest recipes and experimenting with the crock pot every week, but we always have TONS of leftovers and no one else to try my cooking.  So this Sunday, we actually had guests!  I made one of my staples, Shephard's Pie (although the weather was a little warm for it), along with my husband's favorite little pudding pie dessert.  I love entertaining people in our home (especially now that we have more room), and I LOVE LOVE LOVE, having family in town.  We can't wait to see the whole Mobley family one month from tomorrow in beautiful Sayulita, Mexico!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment