Sunday, August 28, 2011

You Can Still Rock in New York City

In the months leading up to our wedding, the DuPont parents paid us monthly visits.  Visits that were consumed with dress fittings, appointments with the stationers, and trips to Saks for wedding shoes & accessories.  Since our nuptials in April, the DuPonts have visited...zero times...but I don't think they love us any less!

But after a week of rain and unforgiving humidity, we were so happy when the clouds parted and New York welcomed Mom & Pops DuPont with beautiful 80 degree weather and zero humidity.  It was so pleasant we were able to enjoy a delicious meal outside on the patio during their first night here.  I made a healthy lasagna from scratch that I was so happy to share with my parents.


Our next evening with my parents brought us to Yankee stadium, where we watched the Yankees get their asses kicked by the A's.  But we were so lucky to enjoy the game and the wonderful weather from the comfort of a cozy little suite.  The beers were flowing, the food was delicious and the company was even better.  I'd have loved it if the Yankees pulled out a W, but it doesn't always work out that way!



During my parent's final night in the city, we took a "journey" out to PNC Bank Center in New Jersey to see Night Ranger, Foreigner & Journey take the stage on what was another perfect evening of weather.  Our cousin James Blades was extremely generous not only in getting tickets for the four of us but he also got back stage passes for everyone as well.  After Night Ranger played an awesome set, it was such a treat to head back to see Uncle Jack and spend a few minutes with him.  And to top it off, my Uncle Jody was at the concert as well, so we tracked him down in a crowd of 18,000 people to come sit with us for the rest of the show.  It was my first time seeing Journey in concert, ever...if you don't count the 15+ times I've seen the Journey tribute band...Voyage.  But this was BETTER!


My parents aren't exactly the most music savvy people (mom...you know it's true), and I'm not sure when they last went to a concert, so this was a really special experience to share with them.  They had such a blast. I'm glad we could host my parents for such a fun few days here in the city, and do things that were 100% unrelated to any wedding planning or stress related activities.  This is going to be a hard visit to top!





No comments:

Post a Comment