Sunday, August 14, 2011

Changes in attitude, changes in latitude...


After leaving CBS shortly after our wedding to join a start-up company...Mike decided that he wanted something different from his job...and a little bit more security isn't a bad thing with the way the economy has been lately.  He has spent the past few months weighing his options and interviewing at several different companies.  After what seemed like one million months of interviewing and strategic phone conversations, my husband has accepted an amazing opportunity as the National VP of Sales for College Humor!!!

Mike's acceptance of the new position brought a week full of celebration as Mike has one more week of "summer break" before starting his new position.  Even though he wasn't working much the past few months, it has been extremely emotional and exhausting for my husband since the day we got back to New York from our honeymoon.  So it was nice to see him finally relax and enjoy himself without any work-induced anxiety.  What better way to celebrate an amazing job than a week full of partying and concerts.



As soon as Mike accepted the position, we joined some of our favorite people to have a group dinner and to toast to Mike.  The rest of the week was a series of celebrations, and while I love my husband, I have to admit I could not keep up with all the festivities.


Tuesday was boys night and Mike went to a Cinderella concert...which I regretfully did not

join.  Wednesday we went out for an amazing night at the ballpark to watch the Yankees beat the Angels.  Thursday night we had cocktails (maybe a few too many) and went to a Buckcherry concert out in Brooklyn. Friday and Saturday nights Mike spent in the company of friends while I was out in Connecticut visiting family.  And on our last night before Mike starts his first day at his new job, I made him a delicious Sunday Dinner; which included a special request of home made mac and cheese for my man!

I want to congratulate my husband once again, for working so hard these past few months to land the perfect job.  I'm so excited for your new opportunity and for what the future will bring us.  I am a very proud wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment