Sunday, January 5, 2014

A Warm Welcome to 2014....


A few years ago, we started a friend tradition of dressing to the nines and making reservations for a fancy restaurant in New York City.  It's a tradition we've honored the past two years, and has resulted in quite the festive NYE for us.  So this year, there was no anxiety about figuring out what we were going to do.  There was no uncertainty, no trying desperately to find a friend to throw a house party, no ambiguity over what is appropriate to wear - just the third annual NYE fancy dinner with some of our favorites from the New York crew!
This year, we selected a French restaurant in Tribeca called Cercle Rouge.  It was a little more quaint and less of a scene than what we had experienced in years past, but it was EXACTLY what we wanted.  Mike called weeks ahead of time to ensure that we could have the best table at the restaurant, which was a big red circular booth in the center of the dining room.  Not only did this prove to be a cozy locale for over 4 hours of martinis and rich french cuisine - but it turned out to be the best view for the surprise burlesque show that entertained us just after we finished some authentic appetizers.  The lovely ladies did a few more performances and joined us closer to midnight for a few pictures - of course!

After three festive hours of reflecting on the year as a group and reminiscing about our favorite friend moments, it was almost midnight.  Our favorite thing about a fancy restaurant NYE celebration is of course the myriad of accessories that are distributed prior to midnight - I'm a sucker for a noise maker....of any kind.  And who doesn't love a shiny gold 2014 top hat????  When the clock struck 12, and 2014 was upon us, I could NOT have been more happy about the way we rang in the New Year.  I got a nice sweet kiss from my handsome husband, and a big, cozy, group hug from the other three.  Mike and I agreed that it was our best New Year's yet.
As we kick off 2014, I've decided that my New Year's resolution is to make 2014 the year of "zen".  Last year, albeit exciting and spontaneous, was extremely stressful for the Mobleys.  We were traveling an unbelievable amount, we were gone on average two weekends per month, we were booked solid through almost every week, and we were both stretched BEYOND our limits at work.  There were many tears, too many plane journeys, a lot of nights spent apart, and not enough down time with each other...or at all.

This year, I vow to try whatever I need to do to be zen or more relaxed.  I'm not sure if that means I need monthly massages and facials, or if I should be spending more time reading books, or if I should do more yoga, or try acupuncture for the first time, drink more tea, get some aromatic candles, take more B Complex, or even buy another fish to stare at when I'm feeling overwhelmed - I'm open to anything (and welcome any suggestions from all of YOU!) and everything.  That's it....that's my only resolution this year, because for those of you who know me, that should prove to be a daunting task for the next 12 months.
Mike and I started off our zen 2014 with a stress-free dinner alongside some of our greatest friends, so I'm optimistic that we're off to fantastic start.  We hope that you all had a NYE full of love, friends, cocktails, confetti and of course a few surprises.  The Mobleys wish you a wonderful New Year and 12 months full of joy, prosperity and whatever your little heart desires for this year.  We can't wait for another adventure with my little family and are SO excited to see what the year has in store for us.  Here we go again!!!!  Happy New Year!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment