Monday, November 11, 2013

Fall 5 Things!

Fall is my favorite time of year.  I'm always eager to make a trip out to Connecticut to see the leaves change during the autumn - but with our somewhat last minute trip to Scotland, we didn't make it up there this year. But that doesn't mean that I was able to appreciate all my favorite things that make autumn in New York City truly special.  So in the spirit of the season (before it quickly changes to winter!), I wanted to capture 5 things about this particular autumn that put a smile on my face:

Decorations:  Just because our apartment is tiny, doesn't mean that Mike and I don't take every opportunity we get to decorate.  I'm in love with this lovely little set up we did for our kitchen table:


Farmer's Market:  I know I've mentioned this a few times before, but we do have the most adorable Farmer's Market in Union Square.  We have made it quite a tradition to get out there on the weekends we're home and pick up some fresh seasonal flowers and produce.  I only wish I had more time to cook during the week, because I could go nuts here!


Madison Square Park Leaves:  Yes, I have shown various forms of this exact location or view probably once a year as I've enjoyed the seasons changing during my walk to work.  But my main point is that even though I've walked the exact same path over 1200 times - this is a gorgeous sight and I really never get used to the beauty of nature during autumn.


Tweed Coats:  Nothing screams autumn coziness like a nice tweed coat.  My husband, the master of costumes has a closet complete with fabulous English tweed.  I recently started my collection with this beauty that I picked up in Scotland (side note - when we were shopping on the Royal Mile, the cashier checking us out thought that Mike & I were Scottish - I almost died!).  In Scotland, I saw a chic Scottish mommy walking around with her sweet little ginger babies, and decided I COULD NOT return to the US without this coat - so my husband bought it for me, and I'm in love!
The Sunsets:  I'm not a fan of the fact that it's dark by 5p and that I'm freezing my hiney off my entire walk home from the office - but my goodness, these autumn sunsets are unreal.  I have to give a photo cred here to Matty Novogratz who captured this from the ferry.  I wish I had a better view of the sunsets from my office building, and I miss the afternoon rides home along the West Side highway from Unilever, but I've been lucky enough to catch a few over the weekends that we've been in town.  But if this gorgeous sight of Lady Liberty catching the last rays of the day does not just make you proud to be an American, than I don't know what does!
We hope you are all enjoying the last weeks of fall before we are in the full swing of the Christmas season. The Mobleys wish you a wonderful autumn - wherever your home may be!

No comments:

Post a Comment