Monday, October 28, 2013

Halloween with the Mobleys

Last year, we got robbed of our Halloween.  Sandy took away all of the costumes, candy and festivity that accompanies one of our favorite holidays.  And THIS YEAR, Mike and I were determined to soak up ALL THINGS Halloween - until we found out we were going to Scotland over October 31st.  So that meant that we had to fit in all of our Halloween traditions before the 27th of October.


 Luckily, Bob & Cortney Novogratz hosted a Halloween party early this year, so we got a chance to actually dress up!  Since we've been dating, Mike and I are all about the couples costumes - and NOT because I insist.  We actually enjoy the challenge of coming up with costume ideas that suit both of us.  Although, I do feel like I got the short end of the stick when we were dressed up as Bill & Ted - and I vowed never to dress up as a dude again.

Well that didn't last long because this year, we were WHAM!  Although I did get to be George Michael, which I think is a great compromise since he's so pretty.  It was one of our easiest, yet effective costumes and I'm pretty thrilled at how it turned out. And it felt so good to dress up again!

The rest of October had been filled with scary movies, spiced pumpkin candles and Oktoberfest beers in an effort to do something Halloween-y.  But there was obviously one last thing to do before we left for Scotland - carve pumpkins!  One of our favorite fall time activities is an autumnal visit to the Farmer's Market, where we carefully selected our blank canvases.  Mike is pretty pro at these things, and has managed to conquer some advanced designs over the past few years, and this year was no exception.  This year, he carved the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man!

While I'm going to be sad to miss Halloween in the city, I know Scotland (particularly Edinburgh), will provide a variety of spooky and haunted activities for us to participate in, but no one REALLY does Halloween better than the states!


No comments:

Post a Comment