Monday, May 20, 2013

A Spring in our Step



As you may recall, I had a little blog series about my favorite things of each season when I started writing in 2011. After the first year of these entries, I found that it could get a little repetitive, since I love all the same things of a new season every year!  So I've decided that those little seasonal dedications are not necessary for me to write each year.


But a few weeks ago, we did have a gorgeous stint of beautiful springtime weekends that served as a catalyst for morning runs along the East River, a closet re-organization, a few bottles of rose consumed, a few hours of shopping for outdoor patio furniture, and a $300 tab at BLT Fish Shack from over-consumption of crab legs & lobster tails.

New Season means
new lounge furniture!
Love our new swivel chairs!
Mike and I rarely have a weekend where we have nothing to do, and we had one of those weekends earlier this month.  I just wanted to share a few pictures from the gorgeous weekend we had in our city.  They recently renovated the rooftop of our apartment building & the top deck boasts an unbelievable 360 degree view of Manhattan.  On a clear day, you can see for MILES.  Mike & I went up there to check it out and people were already lounging in the bikinis!

We've had a long winter this year & I'd argue that the novelty of the "coziness" in having snow storms in the winter wore off a little bit when we were still have blizzards in the middle of March. Winter was getting a little old when I still had to wear scarves and gloves to work with my wool coat into early April.  I can honestly say, that Mike & I were getting a little bit of the winter-time blues...you can only be so festive when the weather is not in your favor.  But now that we're in the full swing of spring time, and all the flowers are in full bloom, we've got a little bit more pep in our step.  And with the end of May approaching, the 3 day weekends and summer Fridays are just around the corner.  Enjoy the last days of springtime everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment