Monday, April 1, 2013

New York, I Love You!

Dear New York City - It was officially 3 years ago today that Mike and I left our sunny Southern California life in the rear view and started our adventures in your sweet little Gramercy Park neighborhood.  Since that beautiful day in 2010, we have fallen madly in love with you.  Thank you New York for being such a lovely home for the three of us.  Thank you for welcoming us with the changing of the seasons four times a year and for treating me to my first ever "snow days".

Thank you for always having a taxi available when I need it most and for the brisk (or sometimes balmy) walks to and from work every day and for sparing me from having to pay for gas and from the burden of the added expense of having a car.  Thank you for always knowing when I need a cocktail. Thank you for the endless options of new restaurants and fabulous bars to try out whenever our hearts desire and for some of the best Italian food I've had outside of Italy. 

Thank you so much for  your never-ending energy & your sparkle on even the gloomiest days.  But most of all, thank you for being the perfect home for the three of us from Mike and my engagement, through (almost) two years of wedded bliss.  I cannot think of a better place for us to be starting off our marriage and I can't believe that it's already been 3 full years since we've lived here - it truly has gone by so fast.   Here is to another great year in one of the best cities in the country!  We love you Manhattan!


No comments:

Post a Comment