Monday, February 13, 2012

I said "Yes"!!!!

My dad was born on Valentine's day and honestly, it's a miracle that he wasn't named Valentino.  Every year, when February 14th rolls around, it's not the "day of love" for me!  It's my dad's birthday, and everyone should feel special on their birthday.  So for 25 years of my life, Valentines day = Dad's day...until February 13th, 2010!

Two years ago, on this very day, surrounded by the entire DuPont family (dogs and all!) in sunny California,  my life changed when Mike got on one knee and asked me to marry him!

Mike had to have a brewskie (or 5) to ease his nerves a little bit!
My favorite part of this picture is definitely the fact that Burton weaseled his way into this one
It was the 2nd best day of my life, second only to the day we got married, and a wonderful celebration surrounded by my family! I'll never forget how special that day was & look forward to remembering it on this day every year!



No comments:

Post a Comment