Monday, February 20, 2012

Hugs & Kisses



As you can probably tell the past month and a half have gone by super fast and have not been optimal for spending quality time as man & wife.  We have no weekend getaways coming up for a few more weeks, we have nightly work responsibilities, and oh, have I mentioned Mike has been traveling? :)


Winston even got a little Valentine's Day treat!
Puppy cupcakes!
I'm not the biggest Valentine's Day person (per my previous post), but this was our first Valentine's day since becoming Mr. & Mrs. Mobley.  And I'd like to give you the heads up that this entry is going to be a little bit of a rant on how amazing my husband is, so if you're not in the mood or want to make fun of us...than this would be the time to stop reading.

We only get each other bulldog cards!
Best Coffee mug ever made
My husband went out of his way to make sure that I felt special on this Valentine's Day.  We've had some great February 14ths, that included a romantic ski vacation in Sun Valley & oh yes...an engagement, so those will be hard to top.  Mike knows how much I fear becoming one of those couples who kind of falls into a routine after marriage, and getting so caught up in life that you stop taking time to make each other feel special.  But he sure knows how to make a girl feel special.

When I woke up in the AM for my 44th (woot woot) day of P90X, I had a beautiful spread of Valentine's Day surprises, personalized cards and treats!  Winston even got me a card (because he's my Valentine too, ya know).  But Valentine's day isn't just about the ladies, I had a little treat for my husband as well of course.  He loved his gun-shaped mug.  But the love didn't stop with the morning surprises, my husband kept the Valentine's day surprises coming all day.  I got another flower delivery at work as well as the itinerary below for our vintage New York-style evening.


I was counting down the minutes until 6p to meet my handsome man at the Four Seasons for an aperitif.  Surprisingly enough, I hadn't been to the Four Seasons in NY before, but I greatly enjoyed my V-day themed strawberry cocktail.  But the dinner....oh the dinner....was the highlight of the day.  Mike made a reservation at Wolfgang's on Park Ave, and it was the best steak I've had to date in my life....I know, a bold statement, but it's true.  Wolfgang's is located in the historic former Vanderbilt hotel dining room and was opened by the former head waiter at Peter Luger's.  Valentine's Day was probably not the best day to try them for the first time because the restaurant was packed with lovers.  We weren't seated until about 30 - 45 minutes later than our reservation, but it was worth the wait.  And I must say...no one there was married!!!  There were old couples, young couples, engaged couples, casual couples, but I didn't see any rings on the men in this restaurant.  It had me thinking that there was some marriage code that we didn't know about or that we were violating.

Since they are known for their excellent porterhouse for two, we had to try it...and it was cooked perfectly.  We both ate more than our normal portions and topped it off with key lime pie for dessert.  Yes...it's Valentine's day...we had dessert!  You had to roll me out of that place when we were done.  I have a long list of other historic New York establishments that I'd love to try with my husband, but Wolfgang's lived up to everything I've heard about it.  If only we could become "that couple" who becomes regulars...and all it takes is eye contact and a little head nod to be seated right away.

 I was so overwhelmed with love for my husband after all that he had done to make me feel loved & special on Valentine's day.  It was timely because it's the first week since the start of 2012 where he wasn't traveling, and he put all his effort into creating a wonderful evening for us on our 1st married February 14th.  I'm looking forward to many more!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment