Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Stars at night are big and bright......

Over Memorial Day weekend 2011 and our one-month wedding anniversary (silly, but over these first years of marriage these mini milestones give us something to celebrate!), Mike and I took our first non-honeymoon trip together as Mr. & Mrs. Mobley to  Dallas, Texas for a visit with the DuPont family.

Every year in Texas, over the last weekend in May, is the Byron Nelson Golf Tournament at the Four Seasons in Irving.  We've been once before, and had to skip last year (Garrett's Graduation), but it has become a family event with the DuPonts since my parents moved into their condo on the golf course a little over three years ago.  While it's a very prestigious golf tournament, it's also Texas, so you can imagine the heat!  We spent the majority of our time in the beer garden (naturally).

It was also the first time we got to see my brother's apartment in downtown Dallas since he moved there last October. We took the trolley to uptown and went to a fun little beer garden (Troy Aikmen MAY or MAY NOT have made an appearance...it was random).


 I know we just saw everyone at our wedding one month before Memorial Day weekend, but it was wonderful to see my parents, my grandmother, my brother and his GF, and my mom's cousin Johnny was even out there for part of the weekend (he's an amazing musician).  But being in the presence of family makes us forget about all the stresses we have at home with our jobs, and forces us to enjoy the moment, and each other.

We can't wait to go back in 2012!  I posted a few picture of the fun we all had! :)






I

No comments:

Post a Comment