Monday, May 11, 2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY LOVE!

There has been a lot going on in the Mobley household over the past few weeks.  We moved into our house, this baby's impending arrival is getting closer and closer, the DuPonts just had an unfortunate death in the family last week, we just celebrated 4 glorious years of marriage, and our home has become an open door for visitors from our family members and friends. All of that aside, I wanted to make a quick shout out to the most important man in my life, because he deserves to have a special moment of acknowledgement among all the madness.



Mike isn't a birthday person, and typically likes to fly under the radar on his big day.  But everyone deserves a little love on their one special day every year.  This year, Mike found small and satisfying ways to have his day HIS way.  We invited friends to meet us at the Oyster Bar at Grand Central before heading home, we had a meal of his choosing for dinner (pizza of course), I finally caved and surprised him with the Margaritaville Adirondack chairs he's been wanting for the past 5 years, and we invited a few friends over for a small gathering at our house to warm up our new home, fire up the grill, and inadvertently stock our bar.  We even had a surprise guest appearance from the Bucks - which I think was one of Mike's FAVORITE birthday gifts!

Happy birthday to my fantastic husband.  I love you to pieces, and can't wait to see what is in store for you this next year of your life - especially with our little America just months away.  While you might be the best person in the world to me, it's even more remarkable is how many other people love YOU!  You maintain the deepest and most meaningful friendships and you have an amazing quality to brighten every room - even on your worst days.  And even though you've been in my life for almost 8 years, I still learn something from you every day.  I hope we were all able to brighten your life just a little bit more for you on your birthday, like you do for all of us!  Happy birthday Mike - you dapper, festive, handsome, serotonin-filled dream!  Happy HAPPY birthday!  I LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment