Monday, July 21, 2014

Garrett & Jenny's "I Do", part Du


Sometimes a wedding is so nice, you do it TWICE!  When Mike and I got married over 3 years ago, it was a far trek out to California for some of our Connecticut family.  But we couldn't imagine celebrating our marriage without them - which is why we had TWO receptions!  Garrett and Jenny were in a similar situation with their wedding this past May in Long Beach, CA.  So we gathered our family one more time for another wedding celebration, or as we like to call it, the "I Do, part Du" (as in DuPonts....get it????).

My aunt's country club, Chippanee was a perfect setting for the newlyweds.  It was close, it was quaint, and it was accommodating.  There were a few key contributors to the DuPont entertainment who were unable to attend the party.  This included my husband (who was at the wedding of our dear friend Bozzo - CONGRATS BOZZO & MAEVE!), our next groom/my cousin's fiance Ian, my cousin Andrew - who was with Ian on his bachelor party in Lake Placid, my cousin Belle, and a few other out-of-state family members.  They were all definitely sorely missed.  Despite some of our favorites being absent, we still had what I believe is the best crew in the entire state of Connecticut in attendance for the reception.

In typical Jenny fashion, we covered the tables in the room with rhinestones - to add just the right amount of bling!   Dad started off the night with a special speech to the bride & the groom, followed by another quick little dance for the guests of honor.  My mom did a fantastic job coordinating the menu featuring some of the best caprese salad ever.  We loaded up the DJ's playlists with some dance-worthy tunes for the youngsters, and some Sinatra-esque themed music for our dinner.  And we topped off the night, literally, with an ice cream sundae bar (because its more fun than another wedding cake) with toppings GALORE!


It was the perfect family celebration & I live for these yearly DuPont parties.  It's fantastic whenever we get together to celebrate a milestone birthday, or a graduation, but it's even better if that celebration involves adding another family member - because weddings are just the best!  We went the summer of 2012 and 2013 without a DuPont celebration (which is astounding!), and this year we're more than making up for it, and we hope to keep the tradition going as we rack up even more birthdays, graduations, weddings, and BABIES - oh my!


We had THE BEST time seeing everyone from our Connecticut family & any time I get to see my parents and siblings, my life is made.   Having so much of my family visit from out of town under one roof, regardless of the number of beds, always makes me wish that we all lived closer to each other.  I wish it was more than once a year that we stayed up to 1am playing games, or ordered post-party comfort food from Greer's in bulk to feed the masses, or polished off a full handle of vodka one in hour, or enjoyed a late-night on the patio lit with citronella candles and stogies.  So thank you to Garrett & Jenny for bringing everyone together and for giving us another reason to celebrate not only you, but most importantly... family.  The family you brought together to join us in a toast to the happy couple, the family that we are growing by adding one more member to the DuPonts, and the LITTLE family you guys have created with the two of you (and my furry little nephew Ziggy of course!).  Congrats again to Jenny & Garrett - we all wish you all the greatest things life has to offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment