Monday, June 11, 2012

A Wedding in New Orleans

I've been talking a lot this year about 2012 being a year of "firsts", and this blog post brings yet another new place that I have had the privilege to explore.  A few months ago, I wrote about my beautiful friend Randi's festive bachelorette party in St. Michael's Maryland, and I can't believe it, but her wedding day was finally upon us!  After an 18 month engagement, it was finally time to take a little adventure to the Big Easy to see Randi and her wonderful husband (WOO!) tie the knot.

Pimm's cups in New Orleans!
The great thing about having friends all over the country is being able to travel to new places for their weddings.  But sometimes the wedding festivities are so abundant that we don't always have time to spend some real time in the cities we are visiting.  This was NOT one of those weddings.  Randi and Pablo planned the perfect wedding weekend that made sure to bring the authentic taste of New Orleans to everyone so that we could all get a unique Big Easy experience in the short time we spent there.





My gorgeous friend on her way to get married
Starting with the rehearsal dinner, we all walked through the French Quarter to have an authentic New Orleans meal at the Bourbon House.  It was such a special evening full of love and wonderful speeches.  Some speeches were happy, some were emotional, some were funny, but all of them were heart felt and meaningful to Randi and Pablo.  I felt so blessed to be a part of it.  There is nothing you could want more in the world than to know that one of your greatest friends is loved and is surrounded by people who think the world of her and now her husband.










Post rehearsal dinner, the whole crew, plus some people made our way out to Bourbon Street.  If there was any doubt that I would miss out on the NOLA experience over the weekend...it was erased by our evening and 744 Funky.  When we got to the bar, the entire venue was FULL of people who were a part of the Revisore/Hernandez wedding weekend.  We owned the place and dominated the dance floor.  Pablo and some of his friends are such amazing dancers, it makes me embarrassed to show some of my moves.  The music was great, there was a booty dancing competition, with some of Louisiana's finest ladies, and we were surrounded by wonderful people we love.
Randi's getting married!!!!

But Randi's wedding day was one of the most beautiful days that I have experienced in my life.  We spent all morning & day with her in her Roosevelt suite getting our hair and makeup done and showering Randi with love on her special day.  Her family coordinated a wonderful lunchtime, complete with some good ol' fashioned Mississippi treats.  For the ceremony, you couldn't ask for a more beautiful day in New Orleans. Randi & Pablo were married at beautiful St. Louis Cathedral in Jackson Square.  It's a historical landmark that is reminiscent of some theme park castles.  It literally took by breath away when we drove up in our bridal party shuttle.  The blue skies and sun shining down on the cathedral surrounded by immaculate landscaping was absolutely a sight to see.  The church, which is typically frequented by tourists on a consistent basis, was closed off and guarded by rental cops (that Randi of course hired for the weekend) as to not interrupt Randi & Pablo's nuptials ceremony. 

I have to take a second to talk about how gorgeous my sweet friend Randi looked on her special day.  She was absolutely perfect in every way, and I teared up watching her and her awesome dad walk down the aisle together.  I'm pretty sure I cry at every wedding (which makes for gross pictures, BTW), but this one made me emotional...very emotional.  I might be a little over sentimental, but there is something to be said about watching someone you have known for over 10 years walking towards her future.  All of the memories of being Zeta sisters together, all the girls trips we've spent together, all of the college experiences we had together...all flashed through my mind as I saw one of my favorite people in the world on the happiest day of her life.

Mom's first time to NOLA too!
After the ceremony, Randi and the entire wedding was led by an authentic New Orleans band through the streets of NOLA to the reception venue at Antoine's.  Of course, there were police barricades here as well...Randi didn't forget ANYTHING. She requested that all the bridesmaids have identical makeup, hair, and nail polish, but her vision was beautiful.  She's going to have some wonderful pictures.  The ladies all looked amazing, Randi had such a stunning group of bridesmaids (and groomsmen too!). 

We had a blast at the reception!!!  I have to give a shout out to Nyght Ryder, the best wedding band ever created.  They sang at our wedding and Randi had so much fun at our reception, that she flew them out to NOLA for hers!  They are such a fun band, and we all had such a great time dancing together.  Man, am I glad I brought a change of shoes! My parents were included in the wedding events as well, which was also very special because my mom had never been to the Big Easy either.  I was so glad I was able to spend my first trip in NOLA with not only my wonderful husband, but my parents as well!  


I love my ladies!
The most handsome man ever!
As always, I'm completely devastated when I have to leave my Zeta girls.  There is a little pain in my heart when I don't know the next time I'll see them.  I've been looking forward to Randi's wedding for 18 months, because I knew that on that date, we'd all be together.  And I'm glad that my husband was able to spend time with some of the husbands and boyfriends of my dear ladies.  Now, with no engagements and no bachelorette festivities coming up, I find myself worrying once again when will be the next time I get to see my girlies.  I guess if we don't have a wedding, then I'll need to force an engagement or perhaps just plan another girls getaway to celebrate not just one of us, but all of us.

So once again, I'd like to congratulate Randi & Pablo on their marriage.  I know we have tons of couples vacations and dinners together in our future, and hopefully one day we can convince you to move to New York.  I can't wait to see what God has in store for you!  We love you tons!




No comments:

Post a Comment