Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Home Improvements

As you may have seen from my earlier blogs, it's my New Year's resolution to continue to update my blog and add new posts at least once a week.  Well, this week, I apologize, but I've got NOTHIN.  Usually I'm not at a shortage for words, and usually, my husband and I are out and about doing something noteworthy to document in my blog.  But this week was a little tough.  Mike has been traveling for work, the weather was cold, it was a long weekend with a lot of our friends out of town, and the weekend was consumed in NFL football playoffs.  Including an unbelievable win by the 49ers.

So I thought I'd take this opportunity to share with you a few of the little home improvements we've made to our home to make it a better place to be holed up in the event of a cold winter storm (which we haven't had yet this winter...weird!).  I know I did blog about the new couch last month when we got it, but our living room make over is now complete. It's not much this week, but the Mobleys are taking it easy in January so that we can save up for our upcoming adventures in 2012.  And I'd just like to caveat, there will probably be a few more of these anti-climactic updates over the course of the year.  But I'll do my best to keep you entertained!

Enjoy!




 OLD view of what our living/family room used to look like






NEW view of what our living/family room looks like!  Ditched the sectional for a new sofa, a cozy new matriarch's chair, a beautiful new end table/coffee table.

And a tip for my friends with furry pals, faux throw blankets are a MIRACLE if your pet likes to sit on your couch/chairs.  Winston loves his little brown faux throw, and sleeps ONLY on the throw when he gets on the couch.  As long as he's on his little throw, we have no fur on our furniture.  It just doesn't get snugglier than THIS.  Look at that little buggar!




No comments:

Post a Comment